Friday, June 1, 2012

Quitting Effexor: Day 3 Off

It must have taken an hour for me to wake up today. One of the side effects of quitting Effexor is vivid and bizarre dreaming. This morning I felt like I was coming off of some kind of hallucinogenic. In my dream, I couldn't tell if I was asleep or awake. I kept cycling through various strange scenes of thinking I was awake and watching a cat in my room (I despise cats); I was awake and at my childhood home taking a shower in the den (it's a real den and there is no shower); I was awake and my daughter was trying to calm me as she thought I was having a nightmare (I was but she wasn't with me); I was awake and
getting ready for work (I was still sleeping). In between this restless sleeping, I would wake up enough to reset the snooze button, but I could not stay awake for long. I felt drugged. If Inception had four layers, my dream had twice as many. I usually have strange dreams anyway, but I don't wake up disoriented and exhausted from them. I hate Effexor.


-christina-n-weber



Bye Mom.

Peggy Lewis Page December 29, 1942 - April 25, 2014 My loving mother I'm at work typing this now. I can't be sad, at least...